Make a Tax Credit Donation in 2017 and help MentorKids receive grant funding of $10,000 to $25,000 through Impact AZ
Impact AZ is a friendly “competition” between 20 Arizona nonprofits who were selected to participate. We are “competing” to see which organization receives more Tax Credit donations in 2017. The more Tax Credit donations we receive in 2017 the better our chances of receiving additional funding. As you know, more funding means more lives impacted.
MentorKids USA is a 2017 Qualifying Organization
- The Qualifying Charitable Organizations Tax Credit (formerly known as the Working Poor Tax Credit) is a dollar-for-dollar charitable contribution you can give to 501(c)(3) corporations (nonprofits). With this Tax Credit you can receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit, up to $400 filing single or $800 if filing a joint return, on your state income taxes while helping our youth – at no additional cost to you.
- This means you can reduce the amount you owe or increase your refund by the amount you give to MentorKids USA now (up to $800 for couples filing jointly or $400 for individuals).
To mail your contribution please mail your check (made payable to MentorKids USA) by December 31, 2017 to:
MentorKids USA, 15300 N. 90th St. #200, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Please write “Tax Credit” on the check memo line.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions below, call us at 480 767-6706 or email Aaron Parrott if you need more information. Thank you for supporting MentorKids USA!
Qualifying Charitable Organizations Tax Credit F.A.Q.:
Do I have to itemize?
No. Starting with the 2013 tax year, you do not have to itemize deductions to claim the tax credit. For more information click here.
- How do I qualify for Charitable Tax Credits?
- In order to receive the tax credit, any contribution you make to MentorKids USA in 2017 (up to $400 singles and $800 couples) must be reported on form 321 when you file Arizona State taxes. MentorKids USA is a 2017 Qualifying Charitable Organization.
- What about the baseline year?
- As of September 2009, the baseline year provision was removed so a donation to a qualifying charitable organization is all that is required.
- What is the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction?
- A tax credit is significantly more beneficial than a tax deduction. A tax credit reduces your taxes, dollar-for-dollar. A tax deduction reduces the taxable income upon which your tax liability is calculated.
- How do I know MentorKids qualifies for the credit under this program?
- Qualifying organizations are required to send the Department of Revenue a self-certification letter stating that they meet all qualifying criteria. The Department in turn publishes a list of self-certified organizations. You can request a list from Department of Revenue in Phoenix at 602.255.3381 or by viewing the List of Qualifying Charitable Organizations for 2017.
- Can I take the Qualifying Charitable Organizations Tax Credit if I take the School Tax Credit?
- Yes, they are separate credits and you are allowed to take advantage of both.
- Does the tax credit also apply to my federal income tax returns?
- No. The Qualifying Charitable Organizations Credit applies only on your Arizona State income tax. However, you may be able to claim a federal tax deduction for the amount donated.
- Where can I get more information about the tax credit?
- You can get more information by visiting the Arizona Department of Revenue website or by calling Taxpayer Assistance at 602.255.3381 or 800.352.4090.
*Please note that MentorKids USA is not a tax advisor. Please contact a qualified tax advisor for advice on your personal tax situation.